This safety test is recommended after making a preliminary risk assessment process according to current standards of toxicology. These include individually evaluate product ingredients (toxicological, physico-chemical data, level of purity, impurity rate, type of impurity, stability, quality, bibliographic data …) and to determine the risk taking into account the likely exposure of the target consumer (who ?, how ?, which body parts ?, how long?).
According to the regulations ( EC) 1223/2009, the safety assessment of a finished product requires the following elements:
- Qualitative and quantitative composition of the product
- Physicochemical characteristics and stability of the product
- Microbiological quality
- Impurities, traces or other information concerning the packaging material
- Normal or reasonably foreseeable use
- Exposure to product
- Adverse events and serious adverse events
- Toxicological profile or other information on the product
- This evaluation is partly conducted by a toxicologist.
Contact Ewa Kulig for details